Cassava Flour Pizza (with Vegan option)
Feb 03, 2021
Here's our AIP Compliant, anti-inflammatory pizza recipe that rivals the most doughy deliciousness from "that" side of the inflammatory tracks.
Ingredients for Crust
1 cup cassava flour
2 tablespoon tapioca flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
¼ cup coconut milk
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
¾ cup hot water
Fresh herbs: rosemary, terragon, basil, parsley, oregano to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cassava flour, tapioca flour, salt, nutritional yeast, the coconut milk and olive oil. Mix using spatula and then add the hot water slowly stirring carefully. keep stirring using the spatula until all the water is absorbed by the flour. Now using your hands knead the dough until smooth. Dough should feel very soft. Add the rest of the olive oil and this will make the dough extra soft and take any stickiness away. This is where you can add more herbs and spices. Be generous with herbs like: oregano, terragon, thyme, sage, basil, parsley, cilantro, and other herbs that you like. If you have an herb garden then put the fresh herbs in the dough. The aroma that the herbs give the crust is amazing.
- Place the dough ball on a parchment lined large size baking tray. Flatten by Pressing the dough slowly using your fingers. Form a 12-inch round crust this way. Prick the crust all over using a fork.
- Slide the baking tray into the oven and bake for about 15 mins. Get the tray out and brush the crust with olive oil and slide it back into the oven for 5-7 more mins until the bottom of the crust gets golden in color and slightly crispy. The crust should be still easily foldable. Do not overcook as it will become too hard.
- Place toppings of your choice and enjoy!
What toppings can you add?
- Sautéed veggies and shredded chicken (if not vegan)
- For the ‘cheese’ part, use sliced avocado since they are creamy and rich!
- Baby spinach leaves
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Daya cheese (made with coconut oil). It comes in cheddar and mozzarella forms.
AIP Tomato Sauce
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup frozen cranberries
1-2 cherries frozen pitted (depending upon how sweet you like)
¼ cup red onion
1 clove garlic
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
½ of a ripe avocado
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup water
For the tomato sauce:
While pizza is baking, start making the sauce. Heat a frying pan and add olive oil. Add the cranberries, cherry/cherries, onions and the garlic and stir fry for 3-4 mins on low heat until the onions are cooked thru. Add cumin and salt. Stir for 30 secs. Transfer mixture to a food processor, add the pumpkin puree and vinegar and water. Blend till smooth!
For the avocado sauce:
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend till creamy.
- Assembling the pizza:
- Serve pizza by spreading the sauce (either red or green) over the pizza. Add the toppings and eat when still warm! (Cauliflower Pizza with Tomato Free Pizza Sauce (Paleo, AIP, Vegan) -, 2018)
Adapted recipe from:
Cauliflower Pizza with tomato free pizza sauce (Paleo, AIP, Vegan) -. (2018, January 27). https://cook2nourish.com/2018/01/cauliflower-pizza-with-tomato-free-pizza-sauce-paleo-aip-vegan.html